Nucleos – Open Position: Lead Engineer
Date: November 8, 2018
Are you interested in working at an early-stage startup focusing on challenges that have a strong social impact? Nucleos produces e-learning solutions for marginalized and hard-to-reach communities. We are looking for a committed, passionate, and hard-working individual to lead our engineering team.
Nucleos is a for-profit social enterprise dedicated to improving learning outcomes for students all over the world. Our hybrid learning platform allows us to serve every student with adaptive educational experiences, online and offline. We believe access to education technology is key to reducing global inequality and improving long-term societal well-being.
About the Role
We are seeking a Lead Engineer. This role will involve overseeing the technical development and operations of the Nucleos engineering team, as well as being a lead contributor for our learning platform. You will be working across our technology stack, which encompasses a local server platform built on Node.JS, Go, Docker, and Ubuntu, as well as leading the architecture and development for our next-generation learning platform.
Part of this role is funded by a Small Business Innovation and Research grant from the National Science Foundation (NSF), which Nucleos was awarded in July 2018.
You will work closely with the CEO, and lead a team of other developers. Part of this role is funded by a Small Business Innovation and Research grant from the National Science Foundation (NSF), so all candidates must be capable of working from the United States.
The candidate should, ideally, be ready to join our team on a full-time basis. We are willing to offer equity in proportion with the level of contribution and commitment to the team.
What We are Building:
An online/offline hybrid learning platform, which provides centralized access to the learning apps that a school or learning institution may want to use.
You Should Have:
- Familiarity with human-centered design
- Software development experience
- Leadership experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Positive references from former employers and collaborators
Technical Skills Necessary:
We are looking for a skilled developer who can build and lead the development in the following areas:
- Software development and product quality
- Single sign-on / authorization service
- API for data collection from third-party applications
- Android mobile application (essentially a wrapper for the web-based Nucleos Platform)
- Middleware network request monitoring
- Server security
- Security penetration testing
- Teacher and student results aggregator and dashboards
- Application provider API to automate app-loading
Additional Bonus Skills:
- Full-stack web development for UI interfaces (for students, teachers, administrators, and parents)
- Angular or React, with Node.JS and Go on the back-end
Interested? We’d love to hear from you!
Please send further information, including a resume and information about your background to email@example.com.